View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 06:13 AM   #142
riz
SI Games

Quote:
Changes since v2.0.0

News

Fixed problem where player who won an award in a league he was assigned to, spoke out to thank the wrong GM
Fixed AHL trade deadline/roster freeze news item texts~
Fixed World Junior Championship news item error
Fixed duplicate news items about a player's availability on the trading block/in the transfer market

Screens

Added "Inf" (player status) column to training camp screen
"Wvr" status now doesn't show on the waiver wire screen, since all players have this status set
Fixed an incorrect tooltip on the player instructions popup in the tactics screen
Fixed incorrect player biography text on draft screen coach/scout/assistant reccomendations
Fixed two-line pass text error on league info screen
Fixed penalty shoot-out selections for farm teams so players not contracted to the team but playing there can be selected
Fixed +/- buttons being disabled in the "Practice Area" of the Practice screen when they shouldn't be
Players on level points should be sorted by the goals scored (comp stats)
Fixed default physio on request physio report screen
Fixed stat totals in the player biography for players who are farmed out to an affiliate/junior team

Trades/Transfers

Fixed trades where rights were traded to a player on training camp
Tuned fringe NHL player interest in preferring European Elite leagues instead of the farm leagues
Tweaked language barriers in player/non-player interests
Tweaked ECHL roster planning for AI teams with affiliations
Fixed the signing of players between teams who have a junior affiliation between them to work properly
Fixed a problem where players with Canadian nationality thought that people in the USA spoke a different language(and vice versa)
Fixed a problem at game startup with the date of first NHL contracts for players, which caused some players wrongly to be exempt from waiver draft
Tweaked qualifying offers for youngish fringe players
Fixed players staying available for farm team tactics once loaned/traded away by the parent team
Tweaked drafting to better consider current prospect pool on the basis of players for each position
Fixed minor league assignments so players with no background from major junior/ jrA hockey can be sent to minor leagues even while under 20 and with CHL rights (the case of Ryan Suter for example)
Tweaked roster management for NHL teams
Fixed NHL games counted for waivers in certain cases
Fixed player stats bug, where stats were cleared when someone went back to an affiliate team when he was loaded to another team

Match Engine

Tuned scoring and penalties over all the leagues

Competitions

Fixed incorrect League dropdown button on Danish Cup screen
Tweaked DEL game dates
Tweaked suspension lenghts
Fixed Euro Hockey Tour game dates
Fixed International breaks' dates
Tweaked the number of game misconducts given in Slovakian league
Fixed World Championship Qualification Group player stats not added to total points
Fixed DEL play offs format

Other

Printouts now don't have an underscore instead of a ™ symbol
Fixed competition record configs for non-English languages
Fixed tournament based management jobs to be assigned earlier in advance of the games
Fixed problem where players got the same second nationality as their first nationality

As for comments of the gameplay, here's something from someone in Sweden who picked up the game yesterday:

Quote:
i am "lucky" enough to live in europe and picked up my copy of NHL Eastside hockey manager 2005. I think it is a great improvment on a game that gae me hours and hours of enjoyment the first time around. Tons of improvments but for me the best is the new scouting reports and team report feature.

And another comment:
Quote:
Pretty impressed to now. Been playing around about 3 different games. Won the World Cup with the US in the first. Played with the Preds the last two. They're too damn tight with budgets and left me with no one to sign after I re-upped Erat and Hall. Made a mistake of not bringing in my AHL/prospect guys to training camp, but somehow was able to sign Peter Bondra. Anyway I restarted that game just played the first of my original game beating the Wild 3-1. The newspaper thingy predict me to finish second to last. After I play a season or two I might try and play with the Caps and tank the first season to get Sidney and Ovechkin on the same team. ::drools::

Early comments seem to be pretty positive and I haven't seen much complaints about the new and improved interface, so I can only assume we have gone into the right direction

Last edited by riz : 05-28-2005 at 06:19 AM.
riz is offline   Reply With Quote