View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 12:20 PM   #193
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

8 minute mark: Grygera with a long pass down the right sideline.. Schreurs catches up to it.. he crosses it short to Adriano in the right half of the box.. he blasts a shot.. into the crossbar... Ledley King clears the rebound.

30 minute mark: Djemba passes it into the box.. Adriano outraces the defenders.. gets to it.. shoots.. WAY over the bar.

40 minute mark: Ledley King is doing a very good job of guarding Rooney.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. They have over 36,000 fans here today.

46 minute mark: Djemba passes between two defenders into the right half of the box.. Adriano has it.. shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper with a nice save.

55 minute mark: Howard witha brilliant save of a point blank shot from Cani.

61 minute mark: King on for Adriano who is tired and not having a good game. Ortega on for Schreurs who is just tired. I'm going to take a chance and open up the offense. I don't want to settle for a tie. I'll likely either win or lose this one.

66 minute mark: Downing with a long pass to the right side of the box.. Ortega gets to it.. shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. King gets the rebound.. shoots into the open left side of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

68 minute mark: Downing with another long pass from midfield.. brilliant powerful pass.. Ortega gets it at the right corner of the box.. blasts a shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!!! 2-0! Ortega with a great strike.

I go back to more of a neutral stance with good defense, and a slower pace.

87 minute mark: Ortega with a perfect pass from deep in our own zone to halfway into the opponent's zone.. right to Rooney's feet.. he fakes out one defender.. dribbles past another defender.. Rooney gives a shoulder shake to the keeper.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0. Rooney's 15th goal of the year.

Game over. 3-0 win for us.

We outshot them 18-13 (8-5 on target)

Rooney wins MoM, 10 for form, 25 of 28 passes, 3 key passes, 0 tackles, 2 of 12 headers, 1 interception, 14 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 goal.

Downing and Fletcher also had 10's for form. Ortega had a 9 for form. I can't believe Ortega is only 19.

Fletcher has played very well lately, and I'm going to praise him to the media.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote