View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 04:46 AM   #104
riz
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g
There isnt a game in the world i would pay 70 bucks for.....but thats just me.....I dont own any consoles, i dont have many games for my comp....just the 2 ehm's, Fof 2004, Ootp6 which i paid the 19.99 for.....Madden 2005, and NHL 2004...Thats it......IT kind of bugs me that im not interested in this game......Im a hockey fan, well aware of the text sim genre, and blah......maybe its the lockout, as i type this, im loading up my rimouski career i had going in NHL EHM, which i got bored of after 2 seasons.....so maybe that will rekindle me...until then, im expecting a dynasty from you.....full with Leaf updates

edit: I forgot to mention i also have TDCB, and the original TPB, but they have been retired

You don't "have to" pay 70 bucks for a game. It's just a choice some people have made when they want to especially import it all the way over the Atlantic to get they european boxed copy. I'd face the same choice myself if I wanted to get something released earlier in NA, either pay extra to get it imported right now or wait it out until I can have it at my local store (or alternatively go for a digital download version). It's a sad fact for both our NA customers and ourselves that we could not get a worldwide retail release with a decent distribution over the NA at the same time as the euro-release but I simply cannot help it myself at this point

And as for the "pay twice for the same game" point being a something of an issue. There have only been some early plans that Miles has talked about and nothing has been set in stone about pricing etc. regarding future (NA) versions of the game. And even in his plans, it was never suggested that we'd ever make people pay twice for the same product or a simple roster update. Why would we ? We're not an evil empire of some sorts. All I can say is that at the end of the day once all the NA stuff has been sorted out, I'm not expecting people to be out to lynch us. Well, atleast I hope they won't

As for the digital download version, we are still finalizing the system to be used with this version, so it will most likely be available within one or two weeks of the european retail release. This is because of the feedback received last year and the need to try out different systems to find one that suits our needs and your needs in the best possible manner. But we'll get this one done as soon as we can as well.
riz is offline   Reply With Quote