View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 12:16 PM   #70
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

The Cornelius Chronicles

Training Camp, 2007

Former Tennessee wide receiver Cornelius Webster will be documenting his first season as a pro for the CFL Network! Check back often to hear latest from Oregon's trash-talking rookie!

What up peeps? If you don't know me, you should. I'm the latest, and soon to be greatest, wide receiver in the CFL! My name is Cornelius Webster, but everyone calls me "Spiderman." I'll be checking in every now and then to fill you all in on my rookie season!

Now that the draft is finally over and my contract is signed, I've been able to get down to doing what I do best--playing football. Training camp was tough, adjusting to the speed of the pro game. I thought I was fast, but so are most of the guys on my team.

The coaches worked me hard, and I think I did pretty well. I only dropped one pass, and made a few one-handed catches. Learning from Matt Brunner and Roy Alden is one of the best opportunities a rookie wide receiver could ever have. Those guys are two of the best in the game.

I funniest thing about training camp was how much everyone was talking trash about El Paso, and how the team is really gonna be up for that game in Week 3. I'm already dreaming of catching an 80-yard touchdown on the final play to win the ball game. We're comin' for ya, bottle rockets!

Life as a rookie hasn't been that bad. My agent got me a three-year $2.2 million deal with a $780K bonus, so I bought a Hummer H2 and used the rest for a down payment on my new crib--a penthouse in downtown Portland.

Well, I gotta go but check back soon when I report on my performance in the preseason!

Last edited by Grid Iron : 05-24-2005 at 01:38 PM.
Grid Iron is offline   Reply With Quote