View Single Post
Old 03-23-2003, 10:58 AM   #4
3ric
College Starter

Looking at the finances, we see that our wage budget is £60K, while we pay wages for £80K. Simple math tell me that we need to cut £20K, and that will have to come from the 14 players currently listed as backups - they cost us a combined £30K.

For comparison, our four key players command a total of £22K in wages, while seven first team players are paid a combined £19K. The remaining 37 players (rotation, prospects, youngsters) cost us only £8.8K in wages.

We transfer list ten Heuvel, Onoura, Asaba, Javary, Morrison, Allison and Doane to go with the already listed Cas. If we can unload these quickly then we've freed £18K in wages.

Should I release them on free transfer then I'd be forced to pay in excess of £1.5M in compensation - which we cannot afford with our meager £677K cash balance. (Also, the board will be much more strict when allowing releases on free transfer than in previous versions of CM, and it will have negative effects on their opinion of me.) But I could release both Morrison and Doane for just £55K each, if I want.