View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 05:02 PM   #139
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Alfonso steals it at midfield.. passes it long to McFadden.. he catches up to it just before it crosses the endline.. he centers for Ortega.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. great save by the keeper.

4 minute mark: Lucio collides with Olivera. Lucio is hurt bad. I put Salva on for him.

8 minute mark: Brilliant pass down most of the pitch from Ortega to Alfonso.. he centers for McFadden.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. great save by the keeper.

22 minute mark: Weston with a great centering pass.. Grindhelm heads it to Nolan in the center of the box.. Kevin Nolan shoots... upper left corner.. Howard dives.. it is past him. GOAL. Down 1-0.

35 minute mark: Alfonso crosses it long.. Fletcher heads it.. over the bar.

42 minute mark: Alfonso passes to McFadden in the left corner of the pitch.. he draws two defenders over.. centers to Djemba.. good opportunity.. Djemba shoots from 15 yards.. excellent save by the keeper who stops the high shot.

Halftime: Down 1-0. They have over 27,000 fans here today.

King is hurt and is limping noticably. I put Alan Smith on for him.

54 minute mark: Grindhelm shoots from 20 yards out.. Howard blocks it.. Emana gets the rebound.. taps it into the right side of the net. GOAL. down 2-0.

60 minute mark: Ortega has picked up a minor injury, but I decide to put Godoy on for him. I also tell the offense to open it wide up.

62 minute mark: quick series of passes down the pitch from Salva to Djemba to Smith.. to Alfonso just outside the box.. Alfonso dribbles into the box.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! Down 2-1.

64 minute mark: Salva stops an attack.. initiates the counter attack.. long pass to McFadden in the left corner of the pitch.. he crosses to Godoy.. Godoy passes to Alan Smith.. Smith shoots.. the keeper blocks it... Smith gets the rebound.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-2!

77 minute mark: Schmidt with a goal saving tackle.

80 minute mark: Djemba steals it at midfield.. passes a perfect through ball into the right side of the box.. Smith gets to it.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-2 lead for us!

I tell the guys to resume a more balanced position and not a wide open attack.

84 minute mark: Salva with a key intervention in the box.

86 minute mark: Godoy with a long pass to Alfonso on the left wing.. he passes to Fletcher.. he passes to McFadden in the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. great save by the keeper.

88 minute mark: McFadden's pass for Smith sails high over his head.

91 minute mark: Grygera with a key defensive intervention.

Game over. 3-2 win I'm disappointed in our play in the first 60 minutes, but I love how the team responded to an ultra aggressive, fast paced attack in the last 30 minutes to score 3 goals and win the game.

We outshot them 15-14 (10-8 on target)

Djemba won MoM, 8 for form, 19 of 22 passes, 6 of 7 tackles, 2 of 4 headers, 2 interceptions, 2 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 assist.

Smith also had an 8 for form with his 2 goals.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote