View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 04:59 PM   #109
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Rooney takes a corner (when did I make him a corner taker?) ... to the near post.. Lucio heads it.. to the far post.. Fletcher heads it.. into the upper left corner! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

4 minute mark: Schreurs dribbles down the right sideline.. past two defenders.. crosses it long.. Alfonso with a diving header by the left post.. connects.. into the upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

14 minute mark: Schreurs dribbles down the right sideline.. past two defenders.. crosses to the near post.. Adriano with a header.. it hits the post.. and bounces in! GOAL!!!! 3-0.

16 minute mark: Ameobi passes to Worthington 30 yards out.. he blasts an ultra fast curving shot.. into the upper right corner before I could even blink! GOAL. 3-1.

31 minute mark: Rooney steals a pass from the keeper to a centerback.. blasts a shot into the upper left corner before the keeper can react! GOAL!!!! 4-1.

Halftime: 4-1 lead for us. We have over 72,000 fans here today.

53 minute mark: Brown with a long pass to the right side of the box.. Adriano catches up to it just before it crosses the end line.. controls it.. passes to Rooney in the center of the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 5-1! That is Rooney's second today and 10th of the year.

63 minute mark: Alfonso crosses to Rooney by the near post.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. right back to Rooney.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 6-1! He has his hattrick. I can now rest him

King on for Rooney and Stevanovic on for Fletcher.

Rooney gets a standing ovation. I'm going to praise him in the media after this match as well.

Game over. 6-1 win for us

We outshot them 12-1 (8-1 on target)

Rooney wins MoM, 10 for form, 9 of 9 passes, 1 of 3 tackles, 1 of 7 headers, 1 interception, 1 run, 1 foul drawn, and 3 goals.

Schreurs also had a 10 for form.

I praise Rooney in the post match interviews.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-21-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote