View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 11:41 PM   #65
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Vonlanthen passes to Rodrigo in the middle of the pitch just outside the box.. he blasts a shot.. upper left corner.. Howard dives.. it is past him. GOAL. Down 1-0.

8 minute mark: Downing takes a corner kick.. to the near post.. King heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-1!

16 minute mark: King does something I've never seen.. gets it at midfield and starts outrunning players! He runs around one defender.. past another.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1! King has never had that type of footspeed.. wow!

30 minute mark: Flurry of smooth passes to work the ball down the pitch ends with Cook passing to King in the right side of the box.. he shoots.. solid save by the keeper.

Halftime: 2-1 lead for us.

64 minute mark: Ortega on for Schreurs and Alfonso on for Downing.

70 minute mark: Schmidt with a key defensive play.

75 minute mark: Howard with an excellent save of a 20 yard blast.

Godoy on for King! (I'm gong to see what Godoy can do as an occasional striker.)

81 minute mark: Cook passes to Smith who heads it to Godoy's feet.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1! I knew Godoy had a good talent set to play striker!

Game over. 3-1 Win!

They outshot us 11-7 (6-4 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 9 for form, 18 of 20 passes, 2 of 5 tackles, 2 of 7 headers, 2 interceptions, 10 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 assist. Downing is getting good form ratings, but I don't feel he is as dominant as he was in past seasons.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote