View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 02:47 PM   #74
JeffR
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
The America release of EHM will contain updated rules and other code changes as well as a roster update

Just to clarify that a bit so people don't think that means SI would charge for shuffling a few players around and fixing some bugs:

"Updated rules" doesn't just mean a couple of leagues switching to no-touch icing - it'd encompass something like a new NHL CBA, if one is reached during the summer. That'll obviously require some significant code changes, particularly if it involves, as looks likely, some sort of tortured compromise with a luxury tax and a salary floor/ceiling tied to league revenues. Other leagues - the British ones come to mind - will also be undergoing some significant changes for next year that would have to be reflected.

"Roster update" wouldn't be just moving players from one team to another. It'd include, among other things, new teams, affiliation changes, updated statistics, additional players, rerating of existing players, and updating of the start dates to the 2005-06 season. The research team wouldn't be doing that for free, either, so that's going to cost SI some money to do.

I've also suggested some other things to Riz and Marc Duffy that could be included so people get plenty of value for their upgrade money.

Disclaimer: I don't speak for SI, can't promise anything officially, none of this is final yet, etc., etc. But if I thought the guys were trying to pull something shady, I wouldn't be helping them with it.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote