View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 02:40 PM   #73
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
No people won't be charged for 'roster updates' (if you mean downloading a data update or a patch) and won't be considering doing this for our other games either.

The America release of EHM will contain updated rules and other code changes as well as a roster update, its being released considerably after the release of the European game so is really an EHM2.25 or something silly (basically if we've done improvements it doesn't make sense not to include them if we're doing a new game release in America) - hence that version will be charged for (at a lesser amount) if people who have the digital version of EHM2 want to upgrade.

This has basically come about because of the delay in the American release, hopefully for the year after we can sync all releases to the same timeline (as we do with our football game) and avoid this problem.

Hope this helps,

Marc

I'm sorry Marc but still don't underestand it, so if me being Spanish, buy the downloadable version (lt's say 2.0), when later you will release (let's say 2.25) for the USA, do i need to pay again for the upgrade? it hasn't ever be the case and i think it would be a big mistake from SI to charge for that update. Also what about after (let's say 2.25) if we find bugs and you fix them, who will pay for that update as wont' be the same for usa and euro... i think you shouldn't charge again us europeans for the game update when it's released in USA but to let us upgrade for free for every 2.xxx patch as you have always done it. I
'm sorry as maybe it's me who doesn't underestand this.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote