View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 10:19 PM   #19
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
July 18, 2013 -

After some consideration, I realize keeper is the area where I need help the most. Taylor has a major weakness that my coaches have noticed. He is horrible at rushing out and making good decisions about when to rush out. It is the fatal flaw in his otherwise solid keeping. After looking at keeper options, I have decided to approach Brescia with 18 million dollars for the Legendary Brazilian keeper, Diego. Diego has superb aerial ability, superb handling and reflexes. He is good at rushing out. My biggest concern is that he isn't great at One on Ones, but neither is Howard. Diego is 31, so he will only be a stop gap until we acquire a truly great young keeper. However, I think this will be money well spent, moreso than a second rate striker. Furthermore, I think a premier striker would be unhappy at being second fiddle to Rooney and Adriano.

Oh yeah, I did seriously look at Jesus, but he has horrible rushing out ability as well. I think that is Taylor's fatal flaw, so I don't want to bring in another keeper with that flaw.

Iker Casillas for GK! He's saved quite a few goals for me. Thanks for pointing him out to me!

Try a premier striker paired with Adriano and use Rooney at AMC if you use that type of formation. Rooney's scored from the far third of the 3rd green patch (keeper line, box in the middle, 3rd green stripe). This is what i've found to work best for me since that keeps Adriano on the left where he seems to be a magical scorer.

Then again i seem to have midfield injuries out the yin-yang with steven downing going own for a month after Duff and Robben just got back.. Cole (LC) was injured earlier in the year...
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote