View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 09:26 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 18, 2013 -

After some consideration, I realize keeper is the area where I need help the most. Taylor has a major weakness that my coaches have noticed. He is horrible at rushing out and making good decisions about when to rush out. It is the fatal flaw in his otherwise solid keeping. After looking at keeper options, I have decided to approach Brescia with 18 million dollars for the Legendary Brazilian keeper, Diego. Diego has superb aerial ability, superb handling and reflexes. He is good at rushing out. My biggest concern is that he isn't great at One on Ones, but neither is Howard. Diego is 31, so he will only be a stop gap until we acquire a truly great young keeper. However, I think this will be money well spent, moreso than a second rate striker. Furthermore, I think a premier striker would be unhappy at being second fiddle to Rooney and Adriano.

Oh yeah, I did seriously look at Jesus, but he has horrible rushing out ability as well. I think that is Taylor's fatal flaw, so I don't want to bring in another keeper with that flaw.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote