View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 07:34 PM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Godoy with a great pass to Smith in the box.. the defense blocks his shot.

9 minute mark: McFadden with a corner.. to Salva in the middle of the box.. he heads it.. upper left corner.. the keeper blocks it.

11 minute mark: Fletcher passes to Smith in the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

11 minute mark: McFadden is tripped just outside the box.. he takes the free kick from just outside the box.. shoots.. strong curving shot.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

17 minute mark: Salva passes to McFadden on the left wing.. he burns a man.. crosses to Fletcher in the box.. Fletcher shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!! 2-0.

19 minute mark: Salva with a long pass to McFadden just outside the box.. he heads it to Smith in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner... GOAL!!!! 3-0.

36 minute mark: McFadden burns his man down the left sideline.. he crosses.. Marino heads it.. over the bar.

41 minute mark: McFadden throws it into Fletcher.. he heads it back to McFadden.. McFadden crosses it.. far post.. Schreurs with a diving header.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0!

Halftime: 4-0 lead for us. I'm going to bring on some of the subs.

47 minue mark: Alfonso burns three men down the left sideline.. toys with them.. fires a crossing pass.. Marino heads it.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 5-0!

Game over. 5-0 win. We dominated possession, and our guys played with passion. Excellent.

We outshot them 21-1 (11-0 on target) I wish Taylor would have been challenged at least a few times. At least the defense played well.

McFadden won MoM, 10 for form, 18 of 18 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 4 of 5 headers, 8 runs, 3 fouls drawn, 3 assists, and 1 goal. Granted, this was a weaker team, but I'm shocked at how well McFadden played left wing.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote