View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 05:05 PM   #61
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukarez
Mod thing? I'm assuming you're using one of those Xbox Evolution operating system things on your console? In any case -- I don't think it's much of a problem. My friend who has a setup such as that has an option to boot normally, or via the mod -- in which case, I think they have their own kind of community link-up or something.

In my opinion, it seems to be a hassle -- since he forgot to switch back one day, and ended up getting banned due to a tampering of his configuration. I forgot what it was that he did, exactly...but you'd have to be careful not to try to login to Live while running your mod software.

That's exactly my situation. The problem is: in Europe, football games (Madden, NCAA which is the reason I buy an XBOX, ESPN) are released months later.
I don't want to wait months, so I buy games online from the US. Obviously, I have the PAL Euro system, and the games from the US are for NTSC systems. So I got the XBOX modded. As you said, using the mod I can't play on Live, otherwise I'll get banned.
Fortunately, with Forza there is no problem because I'll get the PAL Euro version that is coming out this week. And I can play Live cause I don't have to use the mod, I can use the original Microsoft bios.

Just to clarify...
Emiliano is offline   Reply With Quote