View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 12:02 PM   #56
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

The CFL Network

CFL Total Access Transcript

Free Agency Stage 3, 2007

EISEN: Welcome back to CFL Total Access, where it’s football season every day of the year! I’m Rich Eisen, and joining me tonight on the show is the recently retired, and always outspoken, Chester Brumley, who was the 2003 Offensive Player of the Year.

BRUMLEY: Thanks Rich, good to be here.

EISEN: Now, we’re going to turn on the Ice Cam for a talk with Oregon QB Thomas Kuhn, who recently signed a new three-year contract. Welcome to the show, Tommy.

KUHN: Hey guys, thanks for having me on the show.

EISEN: So, Tommy, it must be exciting to get free agency out of the way.

KUHN: It is, Rich. Oregon is where I wanted to be, so I’m really happy we got the contract worked out so quickly.

EISEN: Now, I read the terms of the deal and you’re due for a hefty pay raise in year three, correct?

KUHN: Yeah (laughing), $12 million. But I think we’ll either renegotiate a new deal by then or I’ll be retiring.

EISEN: Maybe $12 million will be a bargain for your services by then.

KUHN: I sure hope so, but I’m not getting any younger.

EISEN: What a break out year you had in 2006. Over 2,000 passing yards, 20 TDs and just 9 interceptions in seven games.

KUHN: I had a good year, but a lot of the credit goes to the receivers. Having Matt Brunner, Alden Roy and Newton Begin makes it a lot easier.

BRUMLEY: So, Tommy, I hear you’ve gotten into a bit of a war of words with Derick Javier of El Paso?

KUHN: That’s putting it mildly, I guess

BRUMLEY: Have you read Javier’s most recent comments?

KUHN: Yeah, what a joke.

BRUMLET : Derick says that last year in the Ice-El Paso game, he sacked you, and drove your “punk ass” into the turf. What’s your response to that?

KUHN: Uh, I guess I would say he’s an idiot. I wasn’t even playing for Oregon when the Ice played the Rockets!

EISEN: He might have been thinking of Maurice Brown, who was the starting QB for Oregon in that game.

KUHN: What did he say, that he graduated Magna Cum Laude? Sounds more like Magna Cum Loud Mouth to me.

BRUMLEY: (laughing) I know I’ll be looking forward to Week 3 this year. Maybe you two can finally settle this once and for all.

KUHN: You bet, I’m gonna be a little more fired up than usual.

EISEN: Thanks, Tommy for joining us on Ice Cam!

BRUMLEY: Good luck, TK!

KUHN: Thanks for having me, guys!

Last edited by Grid Iron : 05-06-2005 at 12:04 PM.
Grid Iron is offline   Reply With Quote