View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 08:59 PM   #55
JeeberD
General Manager

Javier responds to Ice QB's attack

Darren Hunt
Rockets Beat Writer

In a press conference yesterday to announce his signing, Oregon Ice quarterback Thomas Kuhn went after Rockets defensive tackle Derick Javier, calling him an "idiot" and claiming that he'll throw for four scores and 300 yards in this year's Week 3 match-up.

“Who the hell is Derrick Javier? The only people who make comments like that are rookies and idiots. I’m gonna throw for 300 yards and four touchdowns in [Week 3],” Kuhn predicted. “Javier won’t even lay a finger on me, assuming he even plays--I hear he needs to sit out when he gets a paper cut.”

Kuhn was over-reacting to a press quote from Javier after he saw a photo of himself applying pressure to Kuhn in last year's game against Oregon. Javier said that he had "punished" Kuhn on that play.

"The facts are that I DID punish Kuhn on that play. He may have gotten the ball into the air before I hit him, but I still drove his punk ass into the turf," said Javier. "And later in the game, I sacked his ass. Don't hear him saying anything about that in his lame ass quotes."

"As far as my being an idiot, I graduated from TCU Magna Cum Laude. Where did Kuhn go to school, Arizona State? The school that serial killer Franklin Noble Brown graduated from as Valedictorian? Do I need to say anything more?"

Javier also responded to Kuhn's claims about the Week 3 game. "He says I won't lay a finger on him...good luck with that. Yeah, I know we just lost my great player in my buddy Pierre [Hinson], but we got back a nice player in John Moody, and our line is going to be as strong as ever. If Kuhn gets any time to throw the ball at all I'm going to be very disappointed."

"Man, the only people who give predictions to the press are rookies and idiots," said Javier with a wink.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote