View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 06:39 AM   #8
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
I have a sneaky suspicion that playing time or playing well has an effect. While watching the development of Michael Prescott of IHOF in "slow motion", I tended to start guessing if he would gain a point or not based whether the Knights won or lost (I *felt* like he was gaining points more often if the Knights won or if he did well.) Maybe gamestats play a role.
I have the same suspicion. It looks like a winning or 200yd throwing QB makes more developement, but it's not always the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
Also, I noticed some mentors have zero effect on players. That could be an early indicator that a young player won't develop anymore because he's a bust. Or perhaps longer experience as a player enhances the mentor's ability to help a young player. Or, as stated earlier, I may be noticing this stagnation because I had the mentor inactive.
Maybe we're ignoring the 'intelligence' factor? Could it be that only intelligent players are 'vulnerable' to being mentored? Or maybe personality, leadership and/or chemistry come into play?