View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 11:28 AM   #43
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Extreme Makeover!

Oregon unveils new logo, uniform

Staff Hiring Stage 1, 2007

Portland, OR (AP) – The Oregon Ice kicked off the 2007 season with a bang today, unveiling the team’s slick new logo and uniform.

Team general manager Jack “Grid” Iron said the new look was to commemorate the team’s fifth anniversary.

“We wanted to do something special for the franchise’s fifth year in the league,” Iron said at the unveiling. “I’m very pleased with the results.”

The revamped uniforms feature the team’s new logo, the Oregon Ice Devil.

“He’s mean and out for blood,” said wide receiver Matt Brunner, who modeled the team’s new uniforms. “Just like all of us.”

The home uniform is comprised of an ice blue jersey and pants, with a white stripe running down the side from under the arm to the bottom of the leg. The player number is written in white.

The road uniform is the same as the home uniform, except that the jersey is solid white with ice blue numbers.

Public reaction to the new threads were split. “I love ‘em,” said season ticket holder Markus Blackmon. “I mean, I never really understood why green was one of the team colors. Ice isn’t green!”

In contrast, some expressed outrage. “I can’t believe they chose a devil as the team mascot,” said Carroll Quint, President of the Extreme Christian Coalition of Oregon (“ECCO”). “It’s sacrilegious!”

Marketing analyst Kristine Ladell said the team’s decision made financial sense. “Those new uniforms are sharp and the logo is more intimidating,” she said, predicting that Ice merchandise sales could jump 30% or more.

Her prediction seems to be right on the money so far, as the Ice website sold over 500 Matt Brunner jerseys in the day following the announcement.

“We’ve had a lot of requests for Thomas Kuhn jerseys, but we don’t make them,” said Grid Iron, referring to the team’s starting quarterback who is eligible for free agency this year. “Hopefully, we’ll be selling a lot of them very soon.”

Last edited by Grid Iron : 05-01-2005 at 04:26 PM.
Grid Iron is offline   Reply With Quote