View Single Post
Old 04-23-2005, 12:28 PM   #246
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

11 minute mark: Eagles passes to Djemba who shoots.. hard curving shot.. upper right corner.. Jesus dives.. catches it.

19 minute mark: Oliviera with a powerful blast from 20 yards.. Howard catches it and clutches it gratefully to his chest.

30 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot from Arfa.

35 minute mark: Downing dribbles past a defender.. past another defender into the box.. he passes to Rooney by the near post.. he slams a powerful shot.. Jesus dives.. blocks it!

44 minute mark: Downing crosses it to Rooney in the center of the box.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We have over 87,000 fans here today.

46 minute mark: Eagles takes it down the right sideline.. crosses to Downing in the left side of the box.. he passes to rooney in the center of the box.. Rooney shoots.. great save by the keeper to tip it over the bar.

54 minute mark: Djemba passes to Downing in the left corner.. Downing dribbles past a defender.. passes to Fletcher.. he shoots from 15 yards out.. over the bar!

61 minute mark: Djemba is tired, I put Ortega in for him.

74 minute mark: Downing passes to Ortega.. he shoots.. over the bar.

77 minute mark: Downing dribbles past two defenders.. into the box.. passes to Adriano.. he blasts a shot to the upper right corner.. Great save by the keeper!

81 minute mark: Rooney passes it to Fletcher just outside the box.. he shoots.. another solid save by the keeper.

94 minute mark: Downing crosses it to the center of the box.. Fletcher heads it.. over the bar.

End of regulation. 0-0 tie. This is going to extra time. Eagles is exhausted. I'm going to move Ortega to the right wing and put O'shea in at the midfield in Djemba's spot!

94 minute mark: Downing crosses to Rooney who heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. Fletcher with the rebound shoots.. acrobatic save by the keeper!

99 minute mark: Downing with a corner.. to O'Shea who heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. Rooney gets the rebound.. shoots.. the keeper blocks it again! Amazing saves by the keeper!

Halftime of extra time. 0-0 tie.

111 minute mark: Downing dribbles past two defenders.. passes it to Ortega.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

116 minute mark: Adriano is exhausted (and he isn't a good penalty shooter) so I put Craig King in for him.

117 minute mark: O'Shea passes it into the box to King.. he shoots.. over the bar.

120 minute mark: Downing crosses to Rooney.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. King gets the rebound.. shoots.. great save by the keeper!

End of extra time. We are going to penalties against a very hot keeper.. amazing game from him.

I pick Rooney, King, Lucio, Downing, and Fletcher to be my penalty shooters in that range.

We shoot first:

Rooney steps up.. blasts a shot into the upper left corner.. GOAL! 1-0.

James Milner steps up for them... shoots to Howard's right.. Howard with a great dive.. great save!

King steps up next.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. it's past him! GOAL!! 2-0.

Daniel Jensen steps up.. shoots to Howard's left.. Howard dives.. gets his finger tips in it.. and pushes it wide!!

Lucio steps up.. he looks very confident.. he blasts a shot into the upper right corner.. the keeper didn't even move.

Ben Arfa steps up... he has to make this to keep them alive.. he shoots to Howard's right... Howard dives.. blocks it!!!

It's over! 3-0 win on penalties after a 0-0 regulation match!

We outshot them 27-7 (18-3 on target)

Their keeper, Jesus, wins MoM with the most amazing 18 save game I've ever seen. This spanish keeper who is only 22 looks like he is going to be a star for Newcastle.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote