View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 09:25 PM   #226
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Downing dribbles past two defenders.. into the box.. he passes it to Djemba in the box.. he settles.. shoots.. over the bar.

22 minute mark: Downing crosses.. Adriano heads it.. the keeper pushes it over the bar.

23 minute mark: Downing crosses to Rooney in the center of the box.. he heads it.. over the bar.

25 minute mark: Ferdinand gets a yellow card for a trip on Shane Paul.

32 minute mark: Gregory Maury trips Djemba.. yellow card for Maury.

44 minute mark: Barker takes the ball away from Eagles outside the box.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We have over 91,000 fans here today.

47 minute mark: Eagles is stripped of the ball again.

55 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the left side of the box.. Rooney fakes right.. shoots.. upper left corner.. very narrow crease between the keeper and the goal post.. Rooney finds it! GOAL!!!! 1-0! That is Rooney's 15th goal of the year.

60 minute mark: McDonald blocks a series of shots from Rooney and Adriano.. brilliant display by the keeper.

Cahais on for Ferdinand, and Stevanovic on for Djemba.

68 minute mark: Eagles crosses for Rooney in the box.. he has a diving header.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.. brilliant save.

73 minute mark: Sidwell passes to LuaLua in the box.. he fakes out the keeper.. shoots.. upper left corner.. Howard dives.. he was too far out of position. GOAL. 1-1 tie.

King on for Adriano.

82 minute mark: Fletcher passes it to Downing who is 30 yards out.. Downing does something I've never seen him do.. shoots a blazing banana shot from 30 yards out.. upper left corner.. it's past the keeper who looks as shocked as I do! GOAL!!!! 2-1.

Game over. 2-1 win for us.

We outshot them 19-6 (10-3 on target)

Christopher Eagles wins MoM, 10 for form, 20 of 26 passes, 3 of 3 tackles, 1 of 3 headers, 1 interception, 15 runs, 1 foul drawn. I'm glad to see that Eagles thrive as he is the right winger I'm hoping to move..

Downing with a 10 for form as well. Rooney with a 9 for form.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote