View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 06:22 PM   #209
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: Schmidt thorws it in deep in enemy turf.. long throw to McFadden in the right side of the box.. he heads it.. into the upper right corner! GOAL!!!! 1-0. That is McFadden's 50th goal for us of his career.

18 minute mark: Schmidt throws it in deep in enemy turf.. to King who heads it back to him in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. very strong curving shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it wide.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. We have over 63,000 fans here today.

61 minute mark: Grygera is hurt, I put O'Shea on for him. King is tired, I put Smith on for him.

70 minute mark: Alfonso crosses it from the left side of the pitch.. Smith heads it.. good save by the keeper.

75 minute mark: Alfonso passes to Smith in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. very good save by the keeper.

77 minute mark: Salva with a good defensive play. He and Marchetti are playing great together.

78 minute mark: I spoke too soon Salva gets called for tripping Ashton in the box.. penalty shot awarded.. Ashton steps up.. shoots.. lower right corner... Howard dives.. it is out of his reach. GOAL. 1-1 tie.

End of regulation. We are going into extra time..

Halftime of Extra time: I put Duff on for Alfonso who is exhausted.

116 minute mark: Howard stops a 20 yard shot from Barreto.

120 minute mark: Duff crosses to Smith in the middle of the box.. he heads it... over the bar.

End of Extra time. It is going to penalties...

Unfortunately, this lineup only has 3 very good penalty takers and 2 mediocre ones. I put the 3 best first: McFadden, Cook, and Stevanovic. I put Alan Smith and Duff who are both mediocre as the 4th and 5th shooters....

We shoot first:

McFadden shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL! 1-0.

Barreto shoots first for them.. to Howard's right.. he dives.. blocks it!!!

Cook steps up next... shoots lower right corner.. wide of the net.

Martin Cranie steps up.. shoots to Howard's left.. he dives.. blocks it!!!

Stevanovic steps up.. powerful shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Dean Ashton steps up for them.. shoots to Howard's left.. he dives.. it is past him. GOAL. 2-1.

Alan Smith steps up.. Shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it... it's still in!!!

Tomi Petrescu steps up.. he must make it for them to stay alive.. he shoots.. wide left!!!! We win 3-1 on penalties!

Game over. 1-1 tie, 3-1 win on penalties.

They outshot us 16-14 (9-7 on target)

McFadden wins MoM, 10 for form, 16 of 27 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 9 of 15 headers, 1 interception, 13 runs, 7 fouls drawn, 1 goal.

Craig King only had a 7 and is starting to make me wonder if this wonderkid is ever going to be good enough. His lack of footspeed is starting to concern me. It's not bad, but not very good.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote