View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 08:37 PM   #388
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Aimar steals the ball from us.. Djemba trips Pablo Aimar.. Djemba gets a yellow card.

2 minute mark: Rooney passes to Downing on the left wing.. he dribbles up the pitch.. crosses it to Adriano.. he heads it.. over the bar.

12 minute mark: Djemba intercepts it deep in our zone.. he passes it to my Adriano at midfield.. Adriano passes long to Rooney.. great pass! Rooney dribbles past the lone defender.. crossover dribble.. fakes out the keeper.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0! Rooney does it again!

27 minute mark: Adu with a crossover dribble outside the box to fake out Lucio.. Lucio trips him.. yellow card on Lucio.

30 minute mark: Adu dribbles into the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. Howard dives.. catches it! Great save.

36 minute mark: Adu dribbles down the right sideline.. fakes out two defenders.. crosses it into the box.. their Adriano heads it.. over the bar.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. The ref is letting a lot go on today. He has whistled but not flagged several trips. I think I like Kim Milton Nielsen as a ref. There are over 75,000 fans here today.

46 minute mark: I spoke too quickly.. Eagles gets a yellow card for a trip on Robben.

53 minute mark: Fletcher steals it at midfield.. passes it to Adriano.. he shoots from 20 yards out.. powerful curving shot.. it sails around the keeper.. into the upper right corner! GOAL!!!! 2-0! Adriano with a big strike!!!

67 minute mark: Cole shoots from 20 yards out.. Howard dives.. saves it.

68 minute mark: Robben takes it down the left side.. crosses it to the near post.. Cole heads it.. into the upper left corner.. GOAL. Still up 2-1.

71 minute mark: Stevanovic for Djemba and Schreurs on for Eagles.

75 minute mark: Terry with a long range shot from a corner kick.. it hits the crossbar.. and bounces off Tuncay.. into the net! GOAL. 2-2 tie.

91 minute mark: Downing gets a yellow card for a trip on Snejder.. he argues the call!!! He is screaming at the ref! He gets a second yellow card and is ejected! Downing picks a terrible time to lose his temper! DARN!

92 minute mark: Adu passes it into the box for Adriano.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL. Sheesh.. what a collapse.

10 seconds later, Game over.

We lost the Champions League 3-2. No Quadruple for us.

They outshot us 13-8 (5-5 on target)

Their Adriano wins MoM, 32 of 40 passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 10 of 16 headers, 5 runs, 4 fouls drawn, and 1 goal.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote