View Single Post
Old 04-03-2005, 09:04 PM   #304
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Stevanovic shoots from 25 yards out.. it deflects off a defender to Schreurs.. he passes it to Cook who shoots from 20 yards out.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0. That is Cook's 5th goal of the year.

13 minute mark: O'Shea passes it a bit long for Duff as it rolls over the end line before he can get to it.

20 minute mark: Schreurs passes to Stevanovic.. he shoots.. it hits the crossbar.

32 minute mark: Duff passes to McFadden inside the left half of the box.. he shoots.. I've never seen that before.. McFadden with a shot that looks like a screwball! It curves left.. then right.. the keeper saves it.

41 minute mark: Silvestre gets the ball from Duff just left of the box.. he crosses it to the center of the box.. Smith outjumps his man.. heads it.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. it is out of his reach! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Halftime: 2-0 lead. We have over 67,000 fans here today.

50 minute mark: Duff takes it down the left sideline.. crosses it to Smith in the center of the box.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. the rebound goes back to Duff.. he crosses it to Smith.. diving header.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0!

52 minute mark: Duff takes it down the left sideline.. crosses it to Cook.. Cook with a hard curving shot.. usually he curves it to the left.. but this one is curving to the right.. upper left corner.. it is out of the keeper's reach! GOAL!!!! 4-0. Cook is going to become a star for me.

62 minute mark: Stevanovic has picked up a knock, and he has to go off. I put Parker on for him. I also put Marino on for McFadden.

This will be Marino's last chance to show me that I should give him some PT when I don't have to..

90 minute mark: Duff crosses it to Marino in the box.. he jumps.. heads it.. GOA.. oh darn.. Marino is judged to have jumped unfairly.. at least he tried hard to make a play happen.

Game over. A very solid 4-0 win.

We outshot them 18-2 (13-1 on target)

Duff wins MoM, 10 for form, 25 of 30 passes, 2 of 2 tackles, 1 0f 8 headers, 1 interception, 15 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 2 assists.

Smith and Cook both had 9's for form.

Grygera, Silvestre, Schreurs, Stevanovic, and McFadden all 8's for form.

The rest of the team had 7's.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote