View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 10:23 PM   #278
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
You are cranking it out today!

Just curious, when does WC Qualification begin (and where is it being played in 2014?), and how does the US talent look?
Hehe.. did a lot of playing while watching the Final Four in the background. I'm about to stop playing for tonight soon.

I'm not sure when the WC Qualification is going to begin, but I would guess sometime late in 2012 or early 2013. It is being played in China.

As far as the USA talent, Howard is still the best keeper. There is a young 23 year old keeper named Stephen Catanese who might be ready to start by the time the World Cup starts though.

The defense looks old, and they really need to have some more talent appear in the defensive pool soon. Jonathan Spector is the only good young defender.

The midfield is decent with DaMarcus Beasley still potentially having one more World Cup in him. He has become a very fast player and still has great speed at 29 years old. Landon Donovan is doing well at Atletico Madrid, and he should be good in the World Cup as well. Of course, Freddy Adu looks like a superstar and he is doing very well for Chelsea. So, they have some good talent, but I worry about their lack of youth.

However, Christopher Edwards is a 21 year old midfielder who is developing nicely and might be good enough to help out in the World Cup when it rolls around. His lack of foot speed worries me a bit though.

I'll be following the team closely when the time comes

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-02-2005 at 10:42 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote