View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 10:08 PM   #277
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: parker with a long range shot.. Howard blocks it.. Sychev gets the rebound.. blasts it into the upper right corner. GOAL. Down 1-0.

9 minute mark: van Persie passes it to Sychev in the box.. he blasts a strong curving shot into the upper right corner of the net! GOAL. Down 2-0.

23 minute mark: Downing with a corner to Smith.. he heads it.. into the upper left corner.. GO.. Crud! Smith is judged to have unfairly jumped with Martin Taylor.. free kick and the goal is waved off.

44 minute mark: Downing gets the ball at midfield.. dribbles past two defenders.. crosses the ball towards the near post.. Smith jump.. heads it.. into the upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1.

Halftime: We are down 2-1. They have just over 30,000 fans here today.

Djemba has picked up a knock and has to go off. I put Alfonso on for him.

66 minute mark: Downing blasts a free kick from just outside the box.. curving.. curving.. great save by their keeper.

79 minute mark: Parker trips Alfonso.. yellow card for Parker.

80 minute mark: Adriano is exhausted. I pull him for King. I also try an experiment that I have been working on... I pull Chivu and put on Marino going with a 3-4-3 to help us try to comeback.

87 minute mark: Downing gets to the ball in the left corner of the pitch.. he crosses for King.. he heads it.. over the bar.

Game over. 2-1 loss.

We were outshot 7-5 (5-2 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 9 for form, 24 of 31 passes, 2 of 7 tackles, 1 of 3 headers, 14 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.

Adriano had a 5! Everyone else had a 7.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote