View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 04:14 PM   #251
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

10 minute mark: Eagles with a corner.. finds Smith by the near post.. he traps it.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

39 minute mark: smith with a long pass to McFadden.. he dribbles around a defender.. into the box.. shoots.. barely wide right.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. They have a full house of a little over 11,000 fans here today.

47 minute mark: Westlake passes into the box for Swayne.. he immediately shoots.. upper right corner.. Howard dives.. it is past him! GOAL! 1-1.

50 minute mark: McFadden gets it in the left corner of the pitch.. crosses to parker.. he heads it.. wide left.

57 minute mark: Mcfadden is hurt.. I put Adriano on for him.

66 minute mark: Downing crosses to Eagles in the box.. he looks tentative.. he shoots.. the keeper saves it.

72 minute mark: Adriano and the keeper collide.. the keeper is hurt... he stays on the pitch.

73 minute mark: Beautiful play.. Adriano takes it up the left side of the pitch.. a sharp crossing pass outside the box to Fletcher who heads it down to Smith's feet.. between two defenders.. Smith shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1. That is Smith's 15th goal of the year.

82 minute mark: Lucio is takcled just outside the box.. free kick.. Downing shoots.. strong curving shot.. upper left corner.. it just barely sails over the bar.

88 minute mark: Downing crosses to Fletcher who shoots.. over the bar.

Game over. 2-1 win. I expected more dominance, but I'm glad we got the win.

We outshot them 16-8 (6-2 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 9 for form, 19 of 22 passes, 2 of 4 tackles, 1 of 2 headers, 4 interceptions, 22 runs, 1 foul drawn.

Eagles also had an 8. Howard and Grygera had 7's. Adriano also had a 7. The rest of the team had 8's,
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote