View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 08:58 PM   #28
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser
Bold prediction here (but obvious): Look for Indy to let one of their DE's walk, and make a strong pitch for uber-affordable Detroit f/a DE Mitchell Sanders.

Shows what I know. Indy didn't even bid on this player, who looks headed for either Denver or Arizona.

In week 1 free agent news, the biggest concern to us Rams is Arizona's big bid for 5th year QB Tucker. Tucker would be a big upgrade, and a solid QB for a long time for our division rivals. We are holding out hope that someone outbids them, but few teams can match zona's cap space and promise of starting from day 1.

Some players did sign, though. Let's take a look:

Code:
Jason Hanson resigns with DET. Mike Compton resigns with NE. Adam Timmerman signs with NE. Joe Horn signs with NE. Greg Spires signs with NO. Orlando Ruff signs with NYG. Mike Anderson signs with NYG. Fred Robbins signs with ARI. Brandon Short signs with DET. Aaron Elling signs with IND. Bryan Johnson (FB) signs with HOU. Alan Harper (DT) signs with CLE. Tank Williams resigns with CAR. Antonio Garay signs with OAK. Ricky Manning signs with PIT. Donnie Nickey signs with MIA. Eugene Henry (G) resigns with ARI. Peter Jarvis (FB) resigns with OAK. Daniel Tatum (FB) signs with OAK. Joey White (WR) resigns with TB. Benjamin Cribbs (G) signs with NOS. Dusty Keith signs with SD. Frank Galloway (S) signs with HOU.

Nothing too big. I really like the Giants signing of MLB Ruff. Fills the whole left by Barrow's retirement. They may have found a replacement in the draft, but this was an excellent insurance move.

The Pats have kissed former franchise guard Andruzzi goodbye. They signed Adam Timmerman (a former Ram). Solid signing, but Timmerman is in his 14th year. However, no one in this league retires, so its a solid move. Not crazy about all their 1 year deals - they end up overpaying for the same players every year...but at least they get their men.

Very nice cheap signing of DE Spires by N.O. However, they have a big bid in for DE Abraham, as well as a couple other DE's. So something will have to give, there.

And Pitt signed a CB. Early mock drafts had them taking a CB with the 2nd pick. Will this affect their draft?

As for us, we only bid on 2 players - P Jett, and CB Vance. We obviously like both, as punter has been a black hole for us, and our CB's are ancient. Only time will tell if they like us, though.

And a quick note on the draft - while I initially dubbed the draft "awful", I officially rescind that statement. We anticipate getting excellent value with our picks. Picks 1-5 or so wont get the value they were expecting, but we feel the draft will see some extremely solid players come out of it. What makes it look bad is the lack up outstanding talent at the very top.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote