View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 07:11 PM   #145
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

8 minute mark: Downing with a corner.. to Lucio in the box.. he heads it.. over the bar.

11 minute mark: Canero and Lucio collide.. Canero is hurt and has to leave the game.

13 minute mark: Wilheimsson crosses it to Asprilla in the box.. he has a great strike on the half volley.. upper right corner.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

22 minute mark: One of the prettiest goals I've ever seen just happened.. Downing crosses long to Eagles.. who heads it to Mamam.. he heads it to Rooney.. Rooney heads it Adriano in the center of the box.. Rooney cuts across the middle of the box.. he heads it.. into the upper left corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-1.

41 minute mark: Howard stops along range shot from Stewart.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. They have over 32,000 fans here today.

50 minute mark: Downing with a corner kick.. to the near post.. Adriano heads it... into the left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1.

54 minute mark: Rooney gets it at midfield.. passes a nice through ball to Adriano 30 yards out from goal.. the keeper is coming out to meet Adriano.. Adriano shoots.. long range.. curving.. wide of the keeper.. wide of the net.. curving.. curving.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1! Great Strike!

66 minute mark: Rooney is tired. I bring on Marino for him. I also bring on Cahais for Lucio.

70 minute mark: Khalid Boulahrouz gets a yellow card for tripping Adriano.

Game over. 3-1 win for us.

We outshot them 15-11 (6-6 on target)

Downing won MoM, 10 for form, 18 of 24 passes, 3 of 4 tackles, 2 of 8 headers, 2 interceptions, 11 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.

Chivu, Ferdinand, Lucio, Djemba, Adriano, and Rooney all had 8's for form. The rest of the team had 7's.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote