View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 08:07 PM   #24
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Rams Open Negotiations

Well, we are very excited to hear from many of our star players. We asked them all what it would take for them to re-sign, and just as we had hoped, injuries have made some of our most expensive players very affordable.

We should re-sign Turley, Simmons and Holt, three huge money players, at very reasonable deals. A small consolation for missing them most of the season.

When combined with other standard renegotiations, the Rams should be small-time players in free agency. The Freeneys and Abrahams will be out of our price range, but we have our eye on a few players we hope will sneak under the radar.

It's not a bad year to have no money. After last years free agent bonanza, most teams only let bad players, or players on the wrong side of 30, hit the free agent market. As one fellow GM said, "Most decent FA's are in their twilight years and are making outrageous demands. Here is an example, take a look at QB Tucker, he thinks he is worthy of 6, 7, 9 million a year, are you freakin kidding me?"

While I disagree on Tucker (potential franchise QB entering his prime), for the most part, he is right. Our scout handed me a list of the top 20 free agents, regardless of position. Only 4 have played less than 10 seasons. Not good. Tomorrow we will open up negotiations with players outside our organization.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote