View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 04:58 PM   #80
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute mark: cook gets a yellow card for obstructing Mendes.

7 minute mark: Ferdinand is slightly hurt from a collision with Cole.

16 minute mark: Downing loses his dribble over the endline.

18 minute mark: McFadden crosses to Rooney in the middle of the box.. heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. Cook gets the rebound.. powerful shot.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

31 minute mark: Ledley king with a big tackle on Downing.

44 minute mark: Defoe steals it from Silvestre, but Lucio comes over and steals it from him.

Halftime: 1-0. Only 57,000 fans, but I think the capacity is only around 60,000 while the construction occurs.

57 minute mark: Downing fakes out three defenders.. dribbles into the box.. passes a short pass to the near post... McFadden outleaps the defender.. heads it.. upper left corner! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

62 minute mark: I decide to put Cahais on for Ferdinand to get Cahais some experience. I also put Mamam on for Cook who has a yellow card.

67 minute mark: Cahais with a good pass down the right sideline to Rooney.. he is tackled by King but earns the corner kick. The defense clears the corner kick.

81 minute mark: Matthew Taylor gets a yellow card for tripping Eagles.. he argues the call.. second yellow card.. he is ejected!

83 minute mark: Eagles is called for being offside.. argues the call.. yellow card for Eagles.

85 minute mark: Eagles crosses for Rooney.. he hits it on the half-volley.. wide left of the goal.

93 minute mark: Downing crosses for Rooney.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. Eagles gets the rebound.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0! That rebound bounced right to Eagles.

Game over. 3-0 win for us.

We outshot them 9-1 (6-0 on target)

Downing won MoM, 10 for form, 14 of 15 passes, 0 of 1 tackles, 2 of 5 headers, 24 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 2 assists.

McFadden and Eagles both had 8's. The rest of the team had 7's.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote