View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 03:04 PM   #72
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koryo
Given the amount of time that he spends on the "I'm too tired to play today" list, his trade in value, and your depth at the striker, perhaps there is still time to pitch him to Milan. I've noticed that a nice deterrent to getting proposals for players you would rather keep is setting the value for them at outrageously high levels (900 million for Rooney?). Other teams see "unspecified" for the sales value of a player and they fire away offers that can get you in trouble.

I've never succeeded in getting a player happy again once he gets angered this way. I always end up trading him for the offer that was refused plus a little more or I watch and let him play out his contract unhappy till he eventually walks.

Given the fabulous depth at striker, have you thought about going to any 3 or 4 striker formations?

Yes, I've thought about trading Rooney. I've also thought about setting his asking price at a very very high level, but that seems to lower professionalism (or maybe it is my imagination?)

As far as trading Rooney, the biggest deterent is that he either becomes an explosive scorer for wherever I trade him, or the fans roast me for trading away such a talented player. I have definitely considered it, but these two things worry me.

As far as a three or four striker formation, I've given serious contemplation to running a 4-3-3, but I've never run the formation before, and I'm afraid that I might make a big mistake that would get me fired. The 4-4-2 worked so well once I tweaked it and acquired Downing that I'm a little afraid to change from it now.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote