View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 12:56 PM   #70
Koryo
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Aug 9, 2011 -

DARN DARN DARN! Wayne Rooney has told "The People" that he is unhappy with my decision to reject the bid from Milan. He feels they are such an illustrious club, and he would like to be transferred there. He feels that no player should be kept at a club against their will.

Leeds have finally offered a counter offer for Chris Taylor. They want 5.6 million up front, 4.2 million over 6 months, and 10% of next sale. I think Taylor could develop into a top notch keeper, and he is only 22. He would be the perfect backup right now (he is better than my recent free transfer pickup.) I decide to agree to their offer.

Ipswich have made an offer to borrow Michael Woods for 3 months. I agree.

Given the amount of time that he spends on the "I'm too tired to play today" list, his trade in value, and your depth at the striker, perhaps there is still time to pitch him to Milan. I've noticed that a nice deterrent to getting proposals for players you would rather keep is setting the value for them at outrageously high levels (900 million for Rooney?). Other teams see "unspecified" for the sales value of a player and they fire away offers that can get you in trouble.

I've never succeeded in getting a player happy again once he gets angered this way. I always end up trading him for the offer that was refused plus a little more or I watch and let him play out his contract unhappy till he eventually walks.

Given the fabulous depth at striker, have you thought about going to any 3 or 4 striker formations?

Last edited by Koryo : 03-28-2005 at 01:00 PM.
Koryo is offline   Reply With Quote