View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 02:23 AM   #61
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Downing dribbles down the left side of the pitch.. passes to Adriano in the box.. he fakes out a defender.. blasts a shot.. over the keeper's left shoulder.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

6 minute mark: Ryan Garry gets a yellow card for tripping Adriano.

11 minute mark: Djemba gets a yellow card for a trip on Jeffers.

15 minute mark: Downing crosses.. Adriano jumps.. heads it.. over the bar.

20 minute mark: Howard stops a Jeffers breakway.

39 minute mark: Long range shot by Djemba.. the keeper saves it.

41 minute mark: Adriano passes to Mcfadden in the box.. he shoots.. wide right.

42 minute mark: Bowditch passes long to Jeffers.. I breath a sigh of relief as the shot sails inches wide left.

Halftime: Up 1-0. They have over 27,000 fans here today.

Eagles picked up a knock and is hurt, I put Schreurs on for him.

47 minute mark: Stephen Warnock gets a yellow card for holding Schreurs' jersey.

63 minute mark: McFadden is tired. I put Smith on for him.

80 minute mark: Schreurs passes to Adriano in the box.. he puts a move on the defender.. shoots.. wide left.

89 minute mark: Downing throws it in to Smith.. he crosses it for the far post.. Adriano traps it.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0! That is 2 for Adriano.

92 minute mark: Downing passes to Smith who heads it to Adriano.. he shoots.. barely over the bar.. just missed his hattrick.

Game over. 2-0 win for us.

We outshot them 15-7 (7-2 on target)

Downing won MoM, 9 for form, 20 of 25 passes, 2 of 2 tackles, 2 of 4 headers, 2 interceptions, 10 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.

Silvestre, Ferdinand, and Schreurs had 7's. The rest of the team (including Alan Smith in limited action) had 8's for form.

Adriano continues to really impress me with his scoring prowess.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote