View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 11:30 PM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
What are the oral boards? Does it involve dental, oral and maxillofacial region?

Don't worry about slowing down, as long as you still post.

We got some great dynasties with FrogMan, Quiksand (new one), and the others (hopefully mine).

Adult Psychiatry Boards. I have to interview an adult psychiatric patient in front of two examiners. I have 30 minutes to do a complete psychiatric interview (normally I take about 90 minutes to do one.) I also have to do it with these 2 people watching me the whole time. I then get 2 minutes to gather my thoughts and have to present the history in a coherent organized fashion and answer any questions that they ask me about anything in psychiatry during the next half hour.

The written portion of the boards were late last year, and I passed them. I studied for them much more than I will study for this. They were much more book based. This is more about mastering my anxiety, being efficient with my questions, while still being very warm, engaging, etc. It's a wierd tough situation. 50% fail their first time. I'm actually planning on playing some FM that night in Kansas City (where I take the oral boards) to help me relax.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote