View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 09:54 PM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

7 minute mark: Downing burns three defenders.. crosses to Adriano.. he is tackled just before he can shoot.

12 minute mark: Downing crosses to Adriano.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.

15 minute mark: Duff crosses to Scheurs.. hard shot.. a defender blocks it.

20 minute mark: Downing passes to McFadden.. he shoots.. hard shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.

25 minute mark: Downing with a corner kick.. Adriano by the near post.. he jumps.. heads it.. over the bar.

40 minute mark: Scheurs passes it from the right wing to the center of the pitch to McFadden.. he beats the defenders.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. the keeper blocks it.

42 minute mark: Djemba passes 15 yards forward.. into the box.. Adriano gets it.. fakes out a defender.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

44 minute mark: Duff passes thirty yards up the pitch to Adriano.. he is alone with three defenders.. weaves his way between them.. dribbling towards the box.. the keeper comes out to meet.. he shoots a hard curving shot.. around the keeper.. it curves.. into the right side of the net! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Halftime: 2-0 lead.

Guys aren't quite as winded as last time. I'll let them play for 10 more minutes, then I'll pull in the bench guys.

56 minute mark: I bring in the bench players.

88 minute mark: Eagles steals it in our own zone.. burns two defenders.. dribbles up the right sideline.. crosses to Smith.. he heads it.. over the bar.

Game over. 2-0 win.

Downing won MoM, 10 for form, 9 of 10 passes, 3 of 4 tackles, 2 of 4 headers, 1 interception, 11 runs, and 2 fouls drawn.

Djemba had a 9. Adriano and Duff had 8's. Schreurs had a 6 (he is having a tough time fitting in so far.) The rest of the team had 7's.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote