View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 06:26 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Finally, my keepers:

Tim Howard - This 32 year old USA keeper (91 caps for the USA) has been the main starter here for several years. He is considered a legendary keeper by most experts. He is quite good, but he lets up soft goals sometimes, particularly in big games. I'm debating on replacing him, but it would have to be a significant step up. That will be hard to find. Howard has top notch athleticism. He has great reflexes, great rushing out ability, very good decisions, excellent aerial ability, excellent command of the area. He makes 77,000/week and is signed for 2 more years.

Fabien Barthez - This 39 year old keeper/coach has 107 caps for France. He is losing his abilities, and it is unclear if he could play much for us any longer. He is signed through this year and he is only making 17,000/week. He will retire after this year.

Thomas Heaton - This 25 year old English keeper has good abilities, but he is not quite good enough to play in the EPL Regularly. He is unhappy with the lack of PT, and I can't blame him. He currently makes 17,000/week. His contract expires after this year. He will certainly move on.

So, the final verdict. Howard will be the man this year. I'm going to look at acquiring a young potential superstar keeper that can grow into the position. I'm also going to look at acquiring a young 19 year old potential star right winger. Those two acquisitions will likely use up most of our money, if we find the right guys to acquire. I'll also be looking for a young defender.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote