View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 03:40 PM   #748
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Let's now move to the latest edition, this time in Colorado(pic is in the link):

hxxp://www.nbc10.com/irresistible/4315327/detail.html

Teacher Accused Of Having Sex With Male Student
Nicole Andrea Barnhart Teaches At Denver High School

POSTED: 11:49 am EST March 24, 2005
UPDATED: 5:51 pm EST March 24, 2005

DENVER -- A married high school social studies teacher was arrested Wednesday, accused of having a sexual relationship with her underage male student.

Nicole Andrea Barnhart faces charges of sexual assault on a child by one in a position of trust.

Detectives did not identify Barnhart's alleged victim, only to say that he is younger than 18 years old and is a currently a student at Denver's Ponderosa High School.

The investigation, which is still ongoing, revealed that Barnhart had sexual relations with the victim on more than one occasion in Parker, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Department.

No other alleged victims have been identified at this time.

Barnhart is currently in custody at the Douglas County Sheriff's Office Detention Facility in lieu of $50,000 bond.

She has been placed on administrative leave, and the school district has hired a substitute to cover her classes. Barnhart was hired in the Douglas County School District in 1995 and as a teacher at Ponderosa High School in August 2002, the district said.

"These are serious allegations," said Superintendent Jim Christensen. "We are doing everything we can to maintain the trust of our students, parents and community. We will work closely with law enforcement as we review our own policies and procedures."

The district said law enforcement and the courts now need to do their jobs and the school is making certain that students and their families are informed of what has occurred.

"This is very difficult information for us to process," said Principal Cathy Brondos. "We will do everything in our power to ensure that the victim's privacy and rights are protected, and we will take care of any students who may need to speak with a counselor."
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote