View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 10:03 AM   #20
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Rams Press Release

The St. Louis Rams are delighted to welcome Rico Boatwright to the family. Besides his ultra-cool name, Rico also bringt a boatload of experience to the offensive side of the ball, where he will serve as our coordinator for the next 5 years.

Rico comes over from conference rival Green Bay, where his offensive schemes constantly baffled Ram defenses. In 5 years, Rico's offenses have yet to miss the playoffs.

Rams QB Marc Bulger is particularly excited, saying, "I've seen what Rico can do for quarterbacks. There is a reason Brett Favre has stuck around so long, and I know Rico was a huge part of that. I can't wait to see what kind of number I put up in his system." Favre threw 42 td's for Rico in one season alone.

The St. Louis Rams also missed out on defensive coordinator Anthony Randle, who opted for Oakland instead. GM Pyser had a short comment. "We will re-evaluate our options at defensive coordinator, but were very surprised to see Oakland swoop in. We thought we had Randle locked up. It's very disappointing."

League sources have not been shy in reporting how upset Pyser was with current defensive coordinator David Landon, but now may have no choice but to bring him back for another season.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote