View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 07:11 PM   #6
Pyser
Pro Rookie

WRs
Jabbar Gaffney - Suddenly finds himself the go-to guy after Holts knee injury and ratings demise. Had an outstanding year, with over 1100 yards. Signed for 3 more years.

Torry Holt - What a sob story. Took a big ratings hit with a knee injury in the first quarter of week 1 last season. The good news is it should save us a lot of money. The bad news is we have another (4) average at best WR. He could start and be fine, and probably will, but we'll always remember what couldve been. Signed for 2 more years.

Antwaan Randle El - Missed 5 games with a knee injury, but the ratings remained in tact. Perfect 3rd WR, and a great returner to boot. The kind of role player every team needs. Signed for 2 more years, and not going anywhere.

Shawn Hitchcock - 3rd year WR who had his coming out party last year. Over 500 yards without starting. Saw a lot of time thanks to injuries to his bretheren. Has yet to find the endzone, though.

Kelly Campbell - A WR I couldn't pay to have taken off my hands last off-season, and I'm glad no one did. Came over in the Isaac Bruce trade 4 years ago, and has quietly filled in as needed. Has a nose for the endzone, and had a solid year starting for Holt. 57 catches, 850 yards, 5 tds. Cheap and staying put.

Johnny Austin - Another undrafted rookie f/a last year. I'd never carried 6 wr's before, but it sure came in handy when 2 got injured. had 8 catches, and is nothing special. Cool name, though.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote