View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 06:56 PM   #4
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Backfield
Shaun Alexander - Any review of our RBs is a bit muddy, because they are replacing the great Marshall Faulk. Furthermore, we were without our LT anchor of Kyle Turley for half the season, which hurt. Alexander was fine, but nothing great. The biggest problem I had with him was his inability to rip off a long run. It was like watching Rodney freaking Hampton. But he's cheap, and signed for 2 more years.

Wes Reese - A still developing 3rd year back. We gave him a few starts, and he didnt excel. But over the course of the year, he was also fine. Averaged 3.9 a carry, and will only get better. Has the ratings to be a feature back, but the production doesn't seem to be there. Still, Alexander would get cut before Reese.

Ricky Williams - Took a ratings hit last season, which is a shame, because I like the way he plays. Tried to work him in last year, but he stumbled, only averaging 3.4 a carry. Could be on his way out.

Darrell Varitek - Young. Never played. Who cares.

FB - Mack Radigonda - The apple of my eye. An undrafted find. Stepped in and started as a rookie last year, and couldn't get the coaches to keep the ball out of his hands. 32 carries for a 4.3 average, and another 30 catches. Very excited about this player. Unsigned, but sticking.

Last edited by Pyser : 03-23-2005 at 06:56 PM.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote