View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 06:29 PM   #458
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I have some free time tonight, so I downloaded the beta and am going to run a basic test on editing city data and see what kind of results I get over 100 years. I did notice while quickly glancing through the city data that the regional population for the NY teams is around 21 million while most other major league cities are in the 3-7 million range. That could be a major culprit for the number of championships that people are seeing by the Yankees.
Before you do it, let me report in on a test I've got running. I changed the Mets, Yankees, Dodgers, and Angels to 10 million. (LA and Anaheim were at 16M). I was just looking haphazardly. Since it sounds like you're going to do it more carefully, I just stopped my siim right where it was, at 2070. After 65 seasons...
  • Yankees won 14 titles, 22 pennants, made playoffs 45 times, but still have some 3rd and 4th place finishes thrown in there
  • Yankees are on a really strong run right now: 6 titles in seven seasons, averaging nearly 120 wins during that run.
  • Houston actually made the playoffs more times than the Yanks: 46, but only 3 titles and 7 pennants
  • Florida, Milwaukee, and Tampa Bay never made the playoffs.
  • a total of 11 teams won 3 or more World Series
  • 16 different teams won it all
I didn't make any other changes other than lowering those three cities. Hope that helps with your more directed tests.