View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 03:40 PM   #12
Dreslough
SportsMogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Ben,

Not sure the last time you played BBM, but so far all these paramaters were in the last version I tried (last year). Just a heads-up that there's nothing new here (thus far, anyway).

Unfortunately the Beta doesn't have updated help files yet.

BB2K6 also has the ability to start in any season from 1901 to 2005. For 2005, we've put a lot more work into the opening day rosters than in previous years, including almost 70 players per team.

The biggest new option is the "Historical Rookies" check box, which automatically puts historical players into the Amateur Draft every year at the age when they would have turned 18 (or 19, depending on their birthday).

I realize OOTP already has this option, but we've put a lot of effort into getting the stats and ratings to feel right for every player and team.

Perhaps just as importantly, when you start in any historical season, the game finds all players that debuted with that team EVEN if they haven't played a day in the majors. So, for example, I just started a game with the 1992 Blue Jays and Shawn Green was a 19-year-old rookie on my Single-A team projected by my scouts to probably be a star player.

Cloy Druslough

Last edited by Dreslough : 03-02-2005 at 03:46 PM.
Dreslough is offline   Reply With Quote