View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 01:15 PM   #337
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

November 21, 2007
FA Cup Round #1: away at Hereford (L2, 5th with 27pts, only 3 losses on the season)
Odds: Luton 4-6(fav), Hereford 3-1
S: Morris/Tarachulski/Mellor
AMC: Bridge-Wilkinson
DMC: Keane/Wellens (both with up arrows)
D: Davis/Coyne/Bruce/Foley (full backs with up arrows)
GK: Beckwith

Ivan Kaviedes is still away on international duty.

They show a 4-4-2 formation with heavy push from the wingers.

7': NOOOOO!!! With the ball in Rob Beckwith's hands, I see him surveying the field when the whistle blows, now what? Chris Coyne is adjudged to having pushed an opponent in the penalty box, PENALTY!!! A bullshit call that leads to us going down 0-1.

The half ends with us down 0-1. I pull Rob Beckwith from the game and put Brian Jensen in.

50': Neil Mellor pumps a lovely ball to Lee Morris on the left. Morris tries to center the ball but it gets deflected to Sol Davis who score his first ever goal for Luton! Now tied 1-1.

71': Bartosz Tarachulski intercepts a pass from the keeper. Alone with the keeper, he scores off the post. We finally catch a break. I switch the team to a more defensive style and we hang on to win it 2-1!!!

Final Score: Luton 2, Hereford 1
Shots: Luton 9(5), Hereford 9(4)

MoM: Hereford's Robert Purdie with a goal and a rating of 8.
HoM: Too many to mention them all. We had 8 players with ratings of 8. Brian Jensen is one of them.

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 12/28
middle: 20/21
their zone: 13/6
Overall: 45/55

We receive $24k for the win. We will play Notts Co at home on December 1, 2007 in round 2.

International Round-Up
Ivan Kaviedes
had a so-so match for Ecuador, even though he played the whole match.

Injury News
Sol Davis
twisted his knee in practice and will miss a week. Jacopo Piotto will see some action while Davis is out of commission.

FM