View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 12:12 PM   #333
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

November 7, 2007
Match #15: away at Barnsley (10th with 21 points, we have 9 points)
Odds: Luton 9-4, Barnsley evens(fav)
S: Mellor/Kaviedes/Vine
AMC: Bridge-Wilkinson
DMC: Evans/Wellens
D: Davis/James/Coyne/Foley (full backs with up arrows)
GK: Jensen

They show a 4-1-2-1-2, basically a 4-4-2 with midfielders in a diamond shape in the center of the field (DMC-MC-MC-AMC)...

32': They center the ball to an open man behind the defenders line, in the 6yard box. He scores. Down 0-1. Both central defenders are rated at 6 so far in the game.

The half ends with us down 0-1. They are on top of us both in shooting (8 to 6, but both 3 on target) and in possession, with 55%.

76': They had one to their tally. Now down 0-2.

80': We get a consolation goal, as Paul Evans passes it to a Lee Mansell all alone. Mansell scores. Still down, 1-2.

Final Score: Luton 1, Barnsley 2
Shots: Luton 12(6), Barnsley 16(5)

MoM: Barnsley's Kris Littler with a rating of 9.
HoM: Sol Davis with a rating of 8. He won 10 of 11 headers.

Sol Davis has picked up 5 yellow cards and will miss the next match.

Player News
James O'Connor
wants first-team play. He was pretty unregular on the first team, but I had kept him on the senior squad until about 3 weeks ago. Now he's keeping the form with the reserves and he's not happy. A national football website had the question on a poll. 10% think that he should play first team, 86% think not, and 4% are undecided. He'll stay with the reserves for now.

Achievement News
Sol Davis
has been named on the League One Team of the Week again.

Training News
Curtis Davies
is reported missing from training. Since it's the second time this has happened for Davies, I fine him one week of pay. He accepts the fine and indicates a willingness to improve his behaviour in the future.

Player News
Jacob Burns requests to be transfer listed. I accept. He is my worst signing in this career. All he did since getting with the team is get injured...

FM