View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 11:56 AM   #332
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

November 3, 2007
Match #14: away at Bristol Rovers (24th with 5 points, we have 9 points)
Odds: Luton 13-8, Bristol Rovers 6-4(fav)
S: Mellor/Kaviedes/Vine
AMC: Bridge-Wilkinson
DMC: Evans/Keane (with up arrows)
D: Davis/James/Coyne/Foley (full backs with up arrows)
GK: Jensen

They show a 4-4-2 formation with moderate push from the wingers.

8': Marc Bridge-Wilkinson passes it to Rowan Vine on the right. Vine keeps the ball, running it forward. He brings it into the box, alone with the keeper, whom he fakes to score. Up 1-0.

20': I HATE DEFLECTION. They score from 30 yards out as a free kick gets deflected going through our wall. Tied 1-1.

23': They hit right back, scoring on a quick breakaway. Down 1-2

The half ends with us down 1-2. We're not shooting as much as them but we're controlling the ball fairly well...

47': I HATE HOMER REFEREES!!! They get 2 dubious free kicks on back to back sequences, scoring on the second one. Down 1-3.

75': We're putting pressure on their defenders and Neil Mellor scores on a rebound from a shot by Tony James. Down 2-3. This won't be enough.

Back to our old ways of getting close, but not close enough, and losing to an opponent we should have beaten. Brian Jensen gets a rating of 5 in the loss.

Final Score: Luton 2, Bristol Rovers 3
Shots: Luton 10(5), Bristol Rovers 10(5)

MoM: Bristol's David Savage with 2 goals and a rating of 8.
HoM: Marc Bridge-Wilkinson with a rating of 8. He completed 40 of 44 passes, 7 of them key passes.

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 16/15
middle: 23/20
their zone: 15/11
Overall: 54/46

Player News
Chris Coyne requests to be transfer listed. I accept his request, thinking there should some team interested in him and I have replacements in the back.

Injury News
Enoch Showunmi tears his hamstring in training. He will miss 3 months, grrr. I ask a physio report and all three recommend that he has surgery to correct a recurring injury. Rehab possibilities are from 2 to 6 months. I go ahead and send him to the OR. He'll be out 4 months recuperating from surgery.

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 02-11-2005 at 11:56 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote