View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 11:10 AM   #324
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Injury/Training News
Neil Mellor
resumes full training after missing one month due to injury.

While looking at my training screen, I see 7 players currently on the "resting" schedule due to injury. Five of them are first-team regulars (4 real regulars and one would be regular): Kevin Foley, Ivan Kaviedes, Chris Coyne, Marc Bridge-Wilkinson, and Jacob Burns (he's the would-be, since he's been injured from day 1 as a Hatter)...

Player News
Neil Mellor is the latest to show his discontent. He also says he's lost confidence in his manager's ability.

From now on, every little loss will scare me a little more...

Among other player news, Curtis Davies, currently playing with the reserves, want first-team football. Ironically, a national football website took the time to poll the Hatter fans, asking them if they felt Davies should be playing with the first team. The results: 6% say yes, 92% say no, and 2% are undecided. (seriously, I got this email about one of my reserve player, I didn't make this up)

September 29, 2007
Match #9: home vs Wrexham (21st with 6 points, like us)
Odds: Luton 5-4(fav), Wrexham 7-4
S: Showunmi/Morris/Vine
AMC: Mansell
DM: Davis/Wellens/Keane (up arrow on wing backs)
DC: O'Connor/James/Bruce
GK: Beckwith

Lee Morris is the latest unhappy player, thinks the team is underachieving.

Rob Beckwith gets the start, mostly because Ryan Morris has already played with the U18 squad today. Morris also had a rating of 6 in our last match.

They show a 4-4-2 formation with moderate push from the wingers.

3': A corner kick goes in between the legs of two of our defenders and straight to the feet of one of their strikers in the 6 yard box. He scores. Down 0-1.

41': They pass it long and James O'Connor lets his man go on one-on-one against Rob Beckwith. Down 0-2.

The half ends with us down 0-2. Once again, we're very much in the game, except on the scoreboard. They're barely outshootin us 5 to 4, but we're tied with 3 shots on target on both sides. We are winning possession big time, with 57%. More than that, we've controlled the ball 27% of the time inside their defensive zone. yet could not score.

Rob Beckwith is having another shitty game, with a rating of 5 so far. The sad thing is that 2 of my 3 striker are also having bad games. Ivan Kaviedes and Enoch Showunmi both show 5 as their form rating so far...

60': We pull to within one goal when Richie Wellens' corner kick is headed in by Lee Mansell. Still down, 1-2. Too little too late though, we lose again.

Final Score: Luton 1, Wrexham 2
Shots: Luton 7(5), Wrezham 6(3)

We shut 'em down in the second half, kept pushnig hard on their end, yet couldn't come up with the 2 goals we needed...

MoM: Lee Mansell with a rating of 8 and 1 goal.

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 8/12
middle: 21/21
their zone: 27/10
Overall: 56/44

Enoch Showunmi ends the game with a rating of 5 while Keith Keane, Sol Davis, and Richie Wellens pulled good games with ratings of 8.

We drop to 22nd after the loss...

Following the game I read the best one. Rob Beckwith of all people is unhappy and thinks the team is underachieving. It's almost enough for me to free transfer him right then and there, him and his 5.75 form average this season. DARN IDIOT, YOU ARE THE MAIN REASON WE'RE LOSING!!!!

I issue him a formal warning for poor performance.

The next day, he apologise for his poor performance in his previous match (I would say matches, but that's just me) and admits that he deserved his official warning. He also says he will try to motivate himself more for future matches. Kid, you better... If I'm going down, you're going down with me...

FM