View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 02:36 PM   #322
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

September 22, 2007
Match #8: away at Colchester (2nd with 16 points, we have 5 points)
Odds: Luton 13-8, Colchester 6-4 (fav)
S: Showunmi/Kaviedes/Vine
AMC: Bridge-Wilkinson
DM: Davis/Wellens/Keane (up arrow for wingbacks)
DC: O'Connor/James/Bruce
GK: Morris

Ryan Morris is back at keeper. He inspired us in our last game, Let's see if he can do it in league play.

They show a 4-3-3 formation with outward arrows on the outside strikers.

10': Marc Bridge-Wilkinson plays a beautiful long ball over everybody's head, in front of Rowan Vine. Alone with the keeper, he doesn't miss his chance. Up 1-0.

13': They charge right back in. A corner is headed straight in. Tied 1-1.

14': Wow, this is an all out start to the game, as I witness a great excahnge between Richie Wellens and Marc Bridge-Wilkinson who flicks the ball over to Ivan Kaviedes who fires a power shot for the goal! Up 1-0.

The half ends with us ahead 2-1. We're also outshoting them 7 to 6 (5 to 3 on target, despite not controlling the ball very well. They had the ball 60% of the first half.

63': The referee calls a dubious penalty on Keith Keane. Ryan Morris can't do anything this time around. Tied 2-2. This will be the final score.

Final Score: Luton 2, Colchester 2
Shots: Luton 12(6), Colchester 14(6)

MoM: Tony James with a rating of 8. He won 10 of 13 headers, 7 of them key headers.

Ryan Morris had another good game with a rating of 7, still much better than what Rob Beckwith has given us so far this season. Three other player had ratings of 8.

We move up to 19th.

As I turned off the light in the clubhouse (read shutdown my game/computer) a couple things caught my eyes. First, this trio of strikers (Show/Kavi/Vine) has score 7 of the 9 goals by the team in League play (2 for Show, 3 for Kavi, 2 for Vine). The second thing makes me nervous a little. I'm beginning to see some "UNH" tags, this tag means "UNHappy". I'll report more about this later, but from what I saw (and what I remember), Ivan Kaviedes and Marc Bridge-Wilkinson were feeling that the team is underachieving, while a third, Paul Evans was saying he had lost confidence in his manager. The bastage!

This comes at a time where I felt we were turning things around starting to score more goals and such... Maybe I was too patient with Beckwith... As I said, I'll report more about this later.
FM

Edit to show Morris and not Beckwith at keeper

Last edited by FrogMan : 02-04-2005 at 09:19 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote