View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 11:50 AM   #318
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Transfer News
I start souting the transfer list for possible help to Rob Beckwith at keeper. I see a 32yo keeper currently a backup for Sunderland. Name is Brian Jensen and his contract, which runs through June 30, 2008, is unprotected. He's valued at 90k and that would be the compensation I'd have to pay if I were to sign him straight. He has not played much in the last 2 season, but he has some strong skills. Maybe a veteran presence in the back is all my kids would need to perform. I ask my scouts to give me a report on him.

Media News
Following my criticising of Ivan Kaviedes, the team's fans lambast him in the media. They say that with the kind of money he takes home every week, he should be playing better.

Among other news, the media question Rob Beckwith's ability. An article in a local newspaper has criticized his recent form, asserting that his inconcistency is costing Luton valuable points. I can only agree on that point...

Weird News
Have you ever seen a keeper score a goal? okay, not from a free kick, or a penalty kick? Well, Luton Reserves keeper, 17yo Simon Hodges scored one on a long kick that bounced in between Luton striker Roscoe D'Sane and the opposing keeper, on the edge of their penalty box, then over the head of the keeper and into the goal. I had to go watch the replay a couple of times... If anybody wants to have the match file for that game, just let me know and I'll make it available.

Injury News
GRRRR! Jacob Burns twisted his knee in training and will miss 2 weeks. Seems like he's always injured...

FM