View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 08:07 AM   #317
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Season News
Like I did for last season, I'll split the season in 7 blocks of 6 matches and one last 4 match block. We've played 6 matches so far, time to take a quick look back on how we did...

Match #1: Luton 0, MK Dons 1
Match #2: Luton 1, Walsall 1
Match #3: Luton 1, Swansea 5
Match #4: Luton 4, Huddersfield 1
Match #5: Luton 0, Derby 1
Match #6: Luton 1, Swindon 1

Well, 1 win, 2 draws and 3 losses is not how I wanted to start the season. Apart from the Swanseas debacle, we can almost say we can shut down opponent. The sad thing is, we can't seem to be able to put some balls in the flipping goal!!! Taking a quick look at my players form rating shows me that we can split the team in three parts. Part one: Rob Beckwith is having a very bad start to the season, bad enough that I'm about to start shopping for a replacement. Part two: defenders and midfielders are playing pretty well. Despite some lowly performances from some defenders to start the season, almost everybody in that group is avergaing above 7 in form rating. Third part: strikers are not playing up to the level I need them to be for the team to be successful. Dang, I usually have 3 strikers out there, if they can't put goals in the net, we're not gonna win very often...

September 15, 2007
Match #7: home vs Rushden & Diamonds (currently 11th, with 8pts, we have 5 pts in 21st)
Odds: Luton 5-4(fav), Rushden 7-4
S: Showunmi/Kaviedes (outward arrow on Show)
AMC: Morris/Bridge-Wilkinson (no outward arrows)
DM: Davis/Wellens/Keane (up arrow for Keane only)
DC: Burton/James/Bruce
GK: Beckwith

With a suspension to Rowan Vine, and Neil Mellor's injury, we go with the 2 strikers only. I try something and ask the player to try and pump balls toward the right side, where I have a wingback supporting Kavi on top.

They show a 4-4-2 formation with moderate push from the wingers.

24': A Sol Davis throw in is stolen at Lee Morris' feet. They quickly center it and score. Down 0-1.

The half ends with us down 0-1. We're simply not getting the ball up there, and they are killing in the midfield. Ivan Kaviedes is having an atrocious game so far, with a rating of 4 at the half!

The second half goes scoreless and we lose the game 0-1. We can't seem to be able to deal with being the favorite in any game...

Final Score: Luton 0, Rushden 1
Shots: Luton 4(3), Rushden 4(2)

MoM: Rushden's Jamie Yates with a rating of 8.
HoM: nobody really. Rob Beckwith is not getting better, actually getting worse. He got a rating of 5 in this game. I'm of the opinion that to have some success, you need to have a keeper that inspires your team. Beck is not getting the job done in that regard. I will start shopping around for another keeper, as I don't feel too good giving the job the a 16yo. But hey, it could happen...

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 12/13
middle: 17/31
their zone: 13/14
Overall: 42/58

We remain in 21st after the loss.

I go to the media and publicly criticize Ivan Kaviedes for the poor showing in that game...

FM