View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 10:21 AM   #315
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

August 27, 2007
Match #5: home vs Derby (14th with 5pts, we have 4 pts)
Odds: forgot to write them down
S: Showunmi/Kaviedes/Vine
AMC: Bridge-Wilkinson
DM: Burns/Wellens/Foley (small up arrows for wingbacks)
DC: Bruce/James/O'Connor
GK: Beckwith
I give the start to Jacob Burns at left wingback, it's is first game in a while. I will have Sol Davis on the bench, ready to jump in if he falters.

They show a 4-4-2 formation with moderate push from the wings.

28': They score on a bending free kick from 35 yards out. Rob Beckwith didn't look at his sharpest on this one...

The half ends with us down 0-1. They are dominating us with the shots, on target or off. It's still a pretty close game possession wise...

We can't get anything going in the second half, although they don't either. We lose 0-1.

Final Score: Luton 0, Derby 1
Shots: Luton 3(0), Derby 7(2)

MoM: Inigo Idiakez with a rating of 8 and one goal.
HoM: Alex Bruce with a rating of 8. He won everything in the air, going 13 for 13 on his headers.

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 14/14
middle: 22/25
their zone: 10/14
Overall: 46/54

We drop to 21st. The silver lining in that loss is that we are keeping games close, despite Rob Beckwith not pulling his best play so far this season. He's had 3 ratings of 6, one of 7 and one of 5 for an even average of 6. We will need him to come out of his slump if we're to have some sort of success this season.

Transfer News
Stoke withdraw their bid for Kevin Foley. My guess is they'll be back someday...

September 1st, 2007
The end of one month and the beginning of another bring another appraisal of the Team Board. They are still very pleased with my managerial performance, despite the modest start to our season...

LDV Vans Trophy South draw
The 1st round draw for the LDV Vans Trophy South happens, and what a crappy draw!!! We'll be playing at home, cool, but we'll be playing Swansea, who just spanked up 5-1. Bleh. The game will be played on September 25.

Injury News
ARRRGGGG!!!!! Two more players are injured in training. Bartosz Tarachulski and Chris Coyne will miss one and two weeks respectively. Tarachulski twisted his knee while Coyne strained his groin. Seeing that, I decide to tweak the training schedule and had a few "resting" periods in all three main training schedule (i.e. not for the goalkeeping one). Hopefully this will help. I will also ask for a report from my physios on Tarachulski and Coyne. I seemed to remember my physios telling me that Coyne would possibly have to have surgery to completely heal a recent injury (not the last one he had, one at the end of last season)...

FM